Sunday, February 8, 2009

When I was thirteen...

This was a strange year in my life. I had just made a huge transition from the world that is private school into the great unknown of public school culture. I had to make this transition in the middle of the school as my family and I found out that the school/church we were attending was full of corruption (stealing our money and such!). Luckily for me I began to make friends at my new school with relative ease. Being new in school is not the easiest of tasks, especially when in middle school. The friendships that I formed in those first few months have lasted years and years, and for that I am grateful.

When I was 13 I still loved N*SYNC. At this point in my life that statement just makes me laugh, but I wouldn't trade those teeny-bopper days for anything. My friends were my life. I lived for week long sleepovers in summer coupled with all night talk sessions about boys and other silly things. Eighth grade was a fun year as we were the head of the school and thought were we sooo cool. Reality check, we weren't at all. And oh the life lessons that come after being such a young thirteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment